xorg server problem

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 21:01:13 UTC 2008

Adrin Jalali wrote:
> Hi there.

Two problems.

> (II) LoadModule: "fglrx"
>
> (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//fglrx_drv.so
> dlopen: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//fglrx_drv.so: undefined symbol:
> miZeroLineScreenIndex
> (EE) Failed to load /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//fglrx_drv.so
> (II) UnloadModule: "fglrx"
> (EE) Failed to load module "fglrx" (loader failed, 7)

The livna packages may not be fully installed or installed correctly here.  You
could not load the video driver, it may have been incorrectly installed or it is
just incompatible (I'm not up2date on how the ati drivers work)

The undefined symbol probably means it just won't work as it is installed, you
should change to the free fedora included drivers that will handle your card for
the moment.

> (II) LoadModule: "kbd"
>
> (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input//kbd_drv.so
> (II) Module kbd: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
>     compiled for 1.4.0.1, module version = 1.2.2
>     Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
>     ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 2.0
> (II) LoadModule: "mouse"
>
> (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input//mouse_drv.so
> (II) Module mouse: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
>     compiled for 1.4.0.1, module version = 1.2.3
>     Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
>     ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 2.0
> (II) LoadModule: "synaptics"
>
> (WW) Warning, couldn't open module synaptics
> (II) UnloadModule: "synaptics"
> (EE) Failed to load module "synaptics" (module does not exist, 0)
> (EE) No drivers available.

yum install synaptics