missing components in kde

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 14:51:16 UTC 2008

--- Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:

> Antonio Olivares wrote:
>

> > --- Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:

> use
> order
> >>
> >> Are you using kdm or gdm ?
> > gdm, but it does not shutdown :( I prefer to start
> > computer in level 3 and manually poweroff.
>
> Looks like a gdm issue.  I use kdm, and it works
> nicely.

Does autologin work?

If it does, then I'll switch the manager to kdm.

> -- Rex
>
> --

If I start machine in level 5, the machine puts login
and once I login, it goes into gnome.  If I start in
level 3, it goes to kde which I want for this machine.

The other machine that uses gnome, only logout works
and it cannot shutdown :( from menu.

Thanks,

Antonio