Problem installing F8 LIve on jump drive?

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 21:04:39 UTC 2008

Knute Johnson wrote:
> I'm trying to install F8 to a USB jump drive.  Everything is fine
> until it asks for the network setup and then it pops up a dialog that
> says 2718MB required for root Back or Exit.  My root has 3700MB so I
> don't know what the problem is.  Anybody know how to get around this
> problem?
>
> Thanks,

I don't know about that problem, but as option may be to put the live image on
there rather than actually install to it.  Work is being done on that, see this
thread in -devel:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-February/msg00087.html

With this you'll have the compressed livecd image on the usb drive, and have
much more room for other files.  You may not be able to install new software to
it though, I haven't tried that.