ath5k, sound/alsa and bug in kernel

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 02:12:53 UTC 2008

Dear all,

when checking mail, after I updated I noticed a
message about ath5k,

ath5k_pci 0000:04:00.0: registered as 'phy0'
ath5k phy0: failed to resume the MAC Chip
ACPI: PCI interrupt for device 0000:04:00.0 disabled
ath5k_pci: probe of 0000:04:00.0 failed with error -5

[olivares at localhost ~]$ uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.24-23.fc9 #1 SMP Wed
Feb 6 11:36:31 EST 2008i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
[olivares at localhost ~]$

Wireless on this machine has not worked since Pre
Fedora 7 like Fedora 7 Test 2/Test 3.  I used madwifi
and compiled from source.  But after a while I was
unable to make madwifi work and I gave up and use
wired connection.  I can send lspci if you need to
determine if ath5k can support this machine.

I am attaching the output generated by dmesg and hope
that it can be better to determine what is happening.

Regards,

Antonio

Looking for last minute shopping deals?