Intermittant software raid issues with rawhide, what componentto file against?

Clyde Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Sun Feb 10 06:35:58 UTC 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Nottingham" <notting at redhat.com>
To: "For testers of Fedora Core development releases"
<fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
Cc: "Clyde Kunkel" <clydekunkel7734 at cox.net>
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2008 11:06 AM
Subject: Re: Intermittant software raid issues with rawhide, what
componentto file against?

> Bruno Wolff III (bruno at wolff.to) said:
>> > Currently, I am having issues with a rawhide installation and software
>> > raid
>> > since the raidsets are no longer started by sysinit, but are supposedly
>> > started by udev.  I have to do a manual mdadm --assemble
>> > /dev/mdX --scan to
>> > get some of the arrays going.
>>
>> Does that mean udev is probably the correct component to file a bug in
>> this
>> case?
>
> The udev rules are designed (intentionally) to only assemble arrays that
> are in the mdadm.conf file. Are these arrays listed there?
>
> Bill

Ahhhhhh....the arrays in one of my test machine's mdadm.conf file are NOT
all being assembled.  Booting Fedora 8, to check the problem, they are all
asembled--mdadm.conf files identical.  Unfortuneately, the machine with the
prob is not on a network for awhile.  I could still open a BZ, but not sure
what to put in it--udev not assembling all mdadm.conf arrays?   I could copy
the file to a floppy and sneaker net it.