gnome-panel clock is much too unstable

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Mon Feb 11 10:48:12 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 11:29 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> As soon as the weather report features were integrated into the
> gnome-panel clock applet, it became highly unstable. It crashes frequently
> either when it is loaded or upon trying to configure it for its weather
> features. After crashing (with bug-buddy not catching anything useful
> unfortunately) and reloading several times, it still didn't display any
> temperature. I can't be bothered to do further experiments with it due to
> rawhide's extreme slowness.

Yep, weather part doesn't work for me neither, get same thing.

As far as your slowness, havce you went to your services gui (or text
mode if that slow) and stopped/started services you don't need?  I do
that right after, even on tests and seems to help speed things up quite
a bit. Some service(s) that is started on installs always seem to slow
it down to a crawl initially until I stop quite a few that I don't need.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best lil town on Earth!"