Fedora 9 alpha (live x86_64): not prompted to create user

Michel Salim michel.sylvan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 15:56:08 UTC 2008

Hi,

I just installed Fedora 9 alpha -- to install I logged in as the
'fedora' user, and there is also a guest user offered. After
installing, the fedora user is gone, but

1) the guest user is still there, but attempting to login using it
results in nothing .. the mouse pointer still responds to input, but
nothing is drawn over the background image

2) I was not prompted to create a user. The new first-boot program
seems rather rudimentary still, so I guess this will be fixed in the
beta.

The Synaptic driver is still suppressing use of any other pointing
device, which is rather annoying, but that's not a problem with the
beta either.

--
Michel Salim
http://hircus.jaiku.com/