gdm does not show users only other

Michel Salim michel.sylvan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 16:06:46 UTC 2008

On Feb 11, 2008 9:48 AM, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> gdm does not show all users only user "other".  Had to
> shutdown and login to level 3 and get my account from
> there.  If the accounts are there, how does one get
> them?

With f9-alpha, during installation from the live CD I was not prompted
to create a user, so I dropped to a console and created one using
useradd. GDM seems to pick up the change immediately.

I have this pesky 'Guest' user showing up in the GDM browser that does
not actually exist, though. Anyone seen this?

--
Michel Salim
http://hircus.jaiku.com/