Why are there only sometimes images in rawhide?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Feb 12 12:37:16 UTC 2008

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 01:11:48 -0500
Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com> wrote:

> How can we make this more bulletproof ?

Get maintainers to care about the deps they are breaking?  That's going
to take a system to do post-build tests and discovery of what the
change introduces, like "Hey, you just broke 400 deps, fix it?".  Work
is ongoing for a system like this.

> It's laughable how often it breaks during a development cycle, and the
> problem seems to get worse over time, not better.

We're only getting more and more complicated software in Fedora, not
less and less complicated :/

One thing we've got on the schedule is weekly snapshots after Beta.
This will give us hopefully weekly images that can be used throughout
the week to install against the nightly rawhide.

--
Jesse Keating