gnome-system-monitor causes X to use 100% CPU

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 00:31:09 UTC 2008

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> $ rpm -qf $(which gnome-system-monitor)
> gnome-system-monitor-2.21.5-1.fc9.i386
>
> I load it as applet in order to watch processor, network and disk
> usage.
>
> When double-clicking it to open its window mode, the Xorg process
> uses the CPU at 100%, not only in the graph but also in "top".
>
> Can anyone confirm?

Yes, happening on i686 on P4 at 2Ghz and x86_64 on vmware core 2 duo @ 2Ghz.

It is temporary, and shortly after it starts (30s or so) stops.. until you
change tabs.  If I stay on the graph tab it never stops.  Open a bug I've got a
backtrace during the cpu spin and a screenshot of it drawing the graphs strangely.