xinit issue on vmware x86_64

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 07:29:17 UTC 2008

After update of xorg-x11-xinit and a number of other packages today I'm seeing X
  respawning too quickly and fails to start via gdm.  Things seem to be working
(albeight very slowly, much more so than normal) when I startx as a normal user.

xorg-x11-xinit-1.0.7-5.fc9.x86_64

I'm not sure yet what is responsible just noting what changed.

I see warnings in Xorg.0.log regarding acpi which I'll post shortly.  This is
running the new kernel today and the previous (2.6.24.1-28 and 2.6.24.1-31).