F9Alpha GDM screen now has no KDE choice

Gerry Tool gerrytool at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 16:41:46 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 12:25 AM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:

> Gerry Tool <gerrytool <at> gmail.com> writes:
>  > When I first installed F9Alpha, I could log into KDE.  Now, there is
>  > no option in GDM login to get to KDE.  What is one supposed to do to
>  > run KDE?
>
>  You can just rpm -e gdm and you'll get KDM instead.
>  Or set DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE" in /etc/sysconfig/desktop.
>
>  That said, GDM is supposed to allow running KDE too, and is being fixed already
>  (see the other replies in the thread).
>
>         Kevin Kofler

Thanks for the reply, but neither of these suggestions work.rd.  There
is no file /etc/sysconfig/desktop on the system.  I created one and
put the line above into it - no cigar.

Trying to remove gdm gives
[root at F9Alpha1 ~]# rpm -e gdm
error: Failed dependencies:
	gdm is needed by (installed) fedorainfinity-gdm-theme-8.0.1-1.fc8.noarch

I guess I will just wait until the fix of gdm is ready.

Gerry