F9Alpha GDM screen now has no KDE choice

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Feb 14 20:53:59 UTC 2008

Gerry Tool <gerrytool <at> gmail.com> writes:
> Thanks for the reply, but neither of these suggestions work.rd.  There
> is no file /etc/sysconfig/desktop on the system.  I created one and
> put the line above into it - no cigar.

Is your KDE installed properly? I.e. is kdebase-workspace installed (try rpm -q
kdebase-workspace)? KDM should really come up if you put that line into that
file. (Careful, it's DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE", not DISPLAYMANAGER="KDM".)

> Trying to remove gdm gives
> [root <at> F9Alpha1 ~]# rpm -e gdm
> error: Failed dependencies:
>   gdm is needed by (installed) fedorainfinity-gdm-theme-8.0.1-1.fc8.noarch

So you have to remove fedorainfinity-gdm-theme too. But it's probably better
not to do that anyway if you can't get KDM to work!

        Kevin Kofler