Huge vfs.debug file in my home directory

Jonathan Kamens jonathan.kamens at tamalesoftware.com
Tue Feb 19 14:47:35 UTC 2008

There is a huge (34MB, growing constantly) "vfs.debug" file in my home
directory.  It does not appear to get cleared when I log out and log
back in.  It contains over 650,000 instances of "vfs_getattr: /
vfs_getaddr: -> Success", over 200,000 instances of "vfs_statfs: /
vfs_statfs: -> Success", and little else.  It does not appear to be
particularly useful.

Is whatever is filling up this file going to be turned off before the
next GA release, and is there a way to turn it off now?

  jik