adding memory to my laptop causes subsequent f9a installs to fail

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 22:35:10 UTC 2008

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   until now, i've test installed f9a several times on a gateway laptop
> with 512M of RAM.  after adding another 1G of DDR 400 RAM, every
> install attempt ends up hanging somewhere -- checking SW dependencies,
> formatting the root filesystem, and the latest 300+ packages into the
> install.
>
>   is there something about extra memory that f9a just doesn't like?

Just wondering, did you change the swap size that was being used relative to the
physical memory size?  Or did the installs all end up with the same swap
partition size?  Was it being auto configured for swap size?  Did the install
still warn that the swap was going to be formatted early in the install process
(it probably did warn of that with just 512Mb, just after the partition setup
rather than after the package selection)?