"Restart" and "Shut Down" buttons during login don't work

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Feb 21 00:09:41 UTC 2008

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   i didn't find this in bugzilla but i can't believe someone wouldn't
> have noticed this already -- at the graphical login prompt, neither
> the "Restart" nor "Shut Down" buttons actually do those things.
>
> rday
> --

I noticed it but shut down via the Gnome menu. I like where it asks for
a password if you have another user on the system.

I do yum upgrades in a terminal with --skip-broken so it forces me to
check that yum is done before shutting down.

This is a benificial feature and the buttons on gdm do not matter to me.
file a bug though. It must be a valuable feature for some circumstances.

Jim

--
The cost of living has just gone up another dollar a quart.
		-- W.C. Fields