Volume apple not loaded after latest updates

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 18:01:34 UTC 2008

2008/2/23, Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com>:
> Antonio M wrote:
>  > 2008/2/23, Antonio M <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com>:
>  >> Once again:
>  >>
>  >>  another chapter of two jumps backward and one jump forward after
>  >>  updates (does any update mean that tester must be scared to apply it
>  >>  ???)
>

> In the development tree yes... it is not ALWAYS a change to that application
>  which makes it break, but could be a change in anything else.  This
>  forward/backward behavior is *expected* and is the reason to have people testing
>  in between alpha releases.  This is what you and I are doing here.
>

>  >>  When I log in I get the message that Volume cannot be loaded...and
>  >>  apple is not shown in application bar and cannot be loaded!!!
>

> > more correct>
>  >
>  > I get a message that there is an error in settings daemon for GNOME
>  > and other notes about themes sound etc that migh not work!!!
>  > I remember that this is not the first time that we occurred in this error.
>

> Can you not post the actual error?  If it is in a dialog you should find it in
>  ~/.xsession-errors.  Without the details there is nothing to discuss about this
>  problem.
>
>  --
>  Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com> www.lordmorgul.net
>   gpg 0xC99B1DF3 fingerprint CDEC 6FAD BA27 40DF 707E A2E0 F0F6 E622 C99B 1DF3
>  No one now has, and no one will ever again get, the big picture. - Daniel Geer
>  ----                                                                       ----
>

>  --

Xlib:  extension "XEVIE" missing on display ":0.0".
SESSION_MANAGER=local/unix:@/tmp/.ICE-unix/3007,unix/unix:/tmp/.ICE-unix/3007

** (gnome-session:3007): WARNING **: Failed to start sound.

Avviso del window manager: Lettura del file della sessione
/home/antonio/.metacity/sessions/default1.ms fallita: Apertura del
file "/home/antonio/.metacity/sessions/default1.ms" fallita: No such
file or directory
Connection failure: Connection refused
httpd: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified
domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName

** (nm-applet:3098): WARNING **: nm_object_get_property: Error getting
'WirelessEnabled' for /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager: The name
org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files

** (nm-applet:3098): WARNING **: nm_object_get_property: Error getting
'WirelessHardwareEnabled' for /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager: The
name org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service
files

** (nautilus:3076): WARNING **: Unable to add monitor: Non supportato
could not attach to desktop process
Unable to connect to yum-updatesd.  Please ensure that the yum-updatesd
package is installed and that the service is running.

** (gnome-panel:3074): CRITICAL **:
panel_applet_frame_change_background: assertion `PANEL_IS_WIDGET
(GTK_WIDGET (frame)->parent)' failed

** (nm-applet:3098): WARNING **: nm_object_get_property: Error getting
'State' for /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager: The name
org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files

** (nm-applet:3098): WARNING **: Error in getting VPN connections: The
name org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service
files
Gtk-Message: (for origin information, set GTK_DEBUG): failed to
retrieve property `GtkTreeView::odd-row-color' of type `GdkColor' from
rc file value "((GString*) 0x933fa90)" of type `GString'

I have no wireless card on this desktop *that has two NIC's.I wonder
if this may be connected to keyboard setting error and also to last
kernel (64..)
--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag