Volume apple not loaded after latest updates

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 18:16:35 UTC 2008

2008/2/23, Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com>:
> Antonio M wrote:
>  > 2008/2/23, Antonio M <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com>:
>  >> Once again:
>  >>
>  >>  another chapter of two jumps backward and one jump forward after
>  >>  updates (does any update mean that tester must be scared to apply it
>  >>  ???)
>

> In the development tree yes... it is not ALWAYS a change to that application
>  which makes it break, but could be a change in anything else.  This
>  forward/backward behavior is *expected* and is the reason to have people testing
>  in between alpha releases.  This is what you and I are doing here.
>

>  >>  When I log in I get the message that Volume cannot be loaded...and
>  >>  apple is not shown in application bar and cannot be loaded!!!
>

> > more correct>
>  >
>  > I get a message that there is an error in settings daemon for GNOME
>  > and other notes about themes sound etc that migh not work!!!
>  > I remember that this is not the first time that we occurred in this error.
>

> Can you not post the actual error?  If it is in a dialog you should find it in
>  ~/.xsession-errors.  Without the details there is nothing to discuss about this
>  problem.
>
>  --
>  Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com> www.lordmorgul.net
>   gpg 0xC99B1DF3 fingerprint CDEC 6FAD BA27 40DF 707E A2E0 F0F6 E622 C99B 1DF3
>  No one now has, and no one will ever again get, the big picture. - Daniel Geer
>  ----                                                                       ----
>

>  --

I am trying a translation or error window (sorry for my poor English):

An error occurred during start of settings daemon of GNOME.
Some aspects as themes, sound, background settings might not work
Last message of error was:

Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)

Hope that it can help (any way it is not connecetd to kernel as I got
same error with 40)

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag