/root encryption is still broken

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Thu Feb 28 17:17:27 UTC 2008

On Feb 28, 2008, at 9:44 AM, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-02-28 at 08:00 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 10:10:52 +0100,
>>> As installation has succeeded I think that's either initrd's fault
>>> or some init
>>> scripts.
>>
>> Possibly. I did see the same message after doing an alpha install
>> to try
>> to clean things up afterward, which I hadn't seen before. Maybe this
>> was some other intermittant problem showing up.
>> I should get a chance to try out today's boot.iso.
>
> It's a mkinitrd bug.  wwoods filed it last night (I don't have the #
> off-hand) and hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it today.

It's bug 435228.

Encryption doesn't make a difference - it's mkinitrd + LVM partitions
listed as "LABEL=" or "UUID=". You can work around this by editing /
etc/fstab to use device names (e.g. /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00) and re-
creating the initrd.

See http://wwoods.fedorapeople.org/rawhide.html for more rawhide
status info.

-w