Fwd: closing out old bugs of unmaintained releases

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Jan 6 17:39:56 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 12:44:19 -0800,
  John Poelstra <poelstra at redhat.com> wrote:

> s/'Fedora 7 or Fedora 8'/'Fedora 8 or rawhide'  My hunch is that if
> someone says "this is still broken in Fedora 7", a developer would
> naturally ask next, "how about in Fedora 8 or rawhide?"  Save them a
> step and some frustration.

Is there a preference on which version number(s) should be used if a problem
exists in more than one version? Is it documented somewhere?

I would think ideally it would be possible to list multiple versions so
that people searching for bugs affecting the version they are running,
could find them.

I also think I have some bugs filed that were never fixed in the release
they were reported in, but were fixed in later releases. It seems proper
to leave those tickets open until the affected release is EOL'd. I was
planning to check the list of tickets I had open against FC6 after EOL
to see if they should get a version change or closed since they are no
longer relevant.