cannot print, something wrong with cups server

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Wed Jan 23 01:14:21 UTC 2008

Antonio Olivares wrote, On 01/22/2008 08:04 AM:
> Dear all,
>
> I have not been able to print for some time already.
>
> I get the following:
>

> There was an error during the CUPS operation:
> 'client-error-bad-request'.
>
> Turning on/off the printer does not help.  I have
> attached the log with no help at all or suggestions to
> hang in there, help is on the way :(
>
> [olivares at localhost ~]$ rpm -qa cups*
> cups-pdf-2.4.6-6.fc9.1
> cups-1.3.5-1.fc9
> cups-libs-1.3.5-1.fc9
> [olivares at localhost ~]$
>

> What should I do?
> Is this in Bugzilla?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Antonio

have you tried asking over a cups.org?
http://www.cups.org/newsgroups.php
http://www.cups.org/newsgroups.php?gcups.general+T+Q%22authentication+certificate%22
http://www.cups.org/newsgroups.php?s1+gcups.general+v8+T0+Q%22authentication+certificate%22

Do you always get
"cupsdAuthorize: Local authentication certificate not found!"??

assumption: restarting cups or rebooting the machine has not helped.

what does
ls /etc/cups/certs /var/run/cups/certs
return?

did you use
touch /.autorelabel; reboot
or
restorecon -R -v PATHTOMOUNTPOINT
for your SELinux problem the other day?
I see a message from you at 22 Jan 2008 04:49:57 -0800, indicating you are
still having SOME kind of SELinux problem.

could it be you need to
restorecon -R -v /var
???
i.e. you may NEED to redo the whole system with the
touch /.autorelabel; reboot

BTW I was curious so I looked some of this up, I do not necessarily have a
great understanding of what is going on. use at your own risk.

--
Todd Denniston