three days with rawhide

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 21:48:17 UTC 2008

Valent Turkovic wrote:
> On Jan 27, 2008 4:02 PM, Antonio M <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> This got fixed in last night updates. Not I can reboot and shutdown from
>>> gnome. I haven't yet tried loging out an they trying to shutdown from
>>> gdm but I hope that also works now.
>>>
>>> Valent.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>> no...it doesn't work here. And if you have selinux  enforced you can't log in!!!
>> I am going to disable selinux for a long time...  :-)
>
> please file a bug for selinux so it gets fixed.

I have no such problem.  Don't disable selinux, set it permissive, and see if
logging in works... that plus knowing what the audits are lets you decide if
policy really is preventing something.  The only way the devs can fix a program
actually doing what it should NOT be doing is to get the audits back; sometimes
selinux prevents things it *should be preventing* -- even unintentional bugs.