gcc-4.3.0-0.4 and building kernel src.rpm

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sun Jan 6 04:05:37 UTC 2008

gjohnson5 wrote:
> 2. gcc , and the kernel come from koji...  only reason I tried it was
> testing , I don't necessarily need to use if you are implying that I should
> not use the latest gcc from koji to compile Fedora kernel src.rpm
I seem to remember that the fedora builders used earlier known to be
stable gcc's to build fedora packages. Using the latest gcc will ensure
you get to trip on the issues ;) and need to keep bugzilla.redhat.com
handy ?

> What documentation is available for compiling kernels for Rawhide?  I will
> definitely read it
try: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/CustomKernel

It might be useful to build a rawhide kernel with the F8
tools/compilers, to prove you have the build process down pat before
stepping into the less charted territory.

DaveT.