Fwd: closing out old bugs of unmaintained releases

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 19:14:03 UTC 2008

On Jan 6, 2008 12:39 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:

> Is there a preference on which version number(s) should be used if a problem
> exists in more than one version? Is it documented somewhere?

One bug == one problem with one version.  Use the clone feature of
Bugzilla (IMO, we need to solidify this at FUDcon - adding to my list
at [1].  Anyone should feel free to edit this.

> I would think ideally it would be possible to list multiple versions so
> that people searching for bugs affecting the version they are running,
> could find them.

See above.  When triaging, I tend to use the 'specific' search of
Bugzilla with some relevant keywords (that is product specific but not
version specific).  Without some good search abilities and a good eye,
there would have been no way for anyone to tell that 375681 and 427641
are duplicates, for example.

> I also think I have some bugs filed that were never fixed in the release
> they were reported in, but were fixed in later releases. It seems proper
> to leave those tickets open until the affected release is EOL'd. I was
> planning to check the list of tickets I had open against FC6 after EOL
> to see if they should get a version change or closed since they are no
> longer relevant.

I wasn't planning on closing any current bugs that have no valid
reason to close them.  Just the EOL ones.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JonStanley/BugTriageIdeas