ati driver completely dead for new server

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Jan 11 22:46:38 UTC 2008

  I had trouble with the latest driver for ati and had to go back to an
earlier version for X to work fair. The driver stuck in a loop and was
unusable. Now with the new server, the old driver no longer works. The
broken newer driver doesn't even recognize the screen so the loop
problem is fixed in an unconventional way.
When will there be a working ati driver again?
I'm currently having to use the vesa driver so 3D an dvd playing is not
possible.
xorg-x11-drv-ati-6.7.196-2.fc9.i386 was the last driver on the
reservation that worked. Now they are all gone.

Jim

--
Due to the CDA, we no longer have a root account.