rawhide report: 20080114 changes

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 14 18:52:08 UTC 2008

Todd Denniston wrote:
> Build System wrote, On 01/14/2008 11:12 AM:
>>

> Is the following what some of the more experienced Rawhider's refer to
> as the "Plague report"?

Plague was the earlier Fedora Build system that been replaced with the
newer Koji build system with the exception of the EPEL sub project. The
web interface is available at http://koji.fedorapriject.org

> two more questions:
> 1) is Rawhide in a pretty much runnable state right now apart from the
> programs listed above?

More or less. Xorg and KDE have some flakiness still but manageable mostly.

> 2) to get an F8 machine[1] on to rawhide do I just need to disable the
> yum entries for fedora & updates, and then enable development, then do a
> yum update?

Yes. Refer http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Testing for more details.

Rahul