Skype crashes

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 10:03:39 UTC 2008

Antonio M wrote:
> Andrew
>
> tnx for help.
> Before running in level 3, that I can't do now because I am working on
> this machine at the moment, more infos:
>
> Skype starts, the logging windows opens on my desktop, I write user
> and passord, then X freezes, and a black window (where two lines
> appears with some errors, but it is too fast..) appears, then X is
> restarted and I can re-log in..
> Before running in level 3, can I have a look somewhere else??
>  startx 2>&1 skypecrash.txt can you explain?? not clear what is for??
>
> Tnx again

That command should start X from the virtual terminal (assuming you're in
runlevel 3 now) and it will redirect all normal output and error output into
that text file rather than showing it on your terminal.  You can then review the
file and attach to a bug report or to email.  The point is getting all the
output in case it spams right off your scrollback buffer.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com> <ajfarris at gmail.com>