a2ps broken by recent update to something else

Jonathan Kamens jik at kamens.brookline.ma.us
Wed Jan 23 14:09:11 UTC 2008

Interesting.  At some point in the past, something changed
/usr/share/a2ps/afm/fonts.map on my machine to use cour.afm.  I don't know
what made this change, but I'm pretty sure I didn't do it, because when I
modify config files I RCS them, and this file wasn't RCS'd.  In any case,
uninstalling and reinstalling a2ps made the problem go away by replacing the
a2ps fonts.map file with the stock one from the a2ps RPM that uses a
different afm file for the Courier font.

  jik