Skype crashes

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Wed Jan 23 19:14:59 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 02:36:57AM -0800, Andrew Farris wrote:

> The file would be created in your current working directory.  You could do:
> startx 2>&1 /tmp/crash.txt

Err... This is not a correct command.  You can do
startx >/tmp/crash.txt 2>&1
or use a shortcut
startx >& /tmp/crash.txt
bash documentation explains things in detail.  There could be
some differences if you happen to use another shell.

> Unless I'm mistaken startx should be working if your X config works...

Correct; for a non-root account as well.  Only you have to be at
runlevel 3 for that and you can get there by issuing, for example,
'telinit 3' - but for that one you need to be root.

   Michal