e2fsprogs-1.40.4-6.fc9 bug

gjohnson5 tonyjohn5 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 21:04:20 UTC 2008

I upgraded to e2fsprogs-1.40.4-f last night and had a lockup.  I did an
unclean shutdown of my rawhide system.  When I rebooted back up I received
the error
"Primary superblock features different from backup, check forced"

The system did an fsck and rebooted , just to have this process repeat
continuously
I was reading that this was inded a bug in e2fsprogs

The e2label feature discusses here
http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20071002.193847.a68af972.en.html
didn't fix the problem (I booted from a F7 cd to rescue)

I just wanted to report that this bug
http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org/msg426208.html
Seems to apply to e2fsprogs as of yesterdays version