partition tip ?

Arne Chr. Jorgensen achrisjo at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 01:19:41 UTC 2008

hi,

What would be a smart way to partition a disk ?

I have Fedora core 6 installed, but would like to test F8 and have it as a separate partition  However - I had used the entire disk, and I have not found
any way to resize the partition.  Have tried "resize2fs" - but it says "online resizing required".  What does that mean ?

I have tried different suggestions I have found regarding Logical volumes,
but have not found anything that work.

I am attempting to save some data, and may do a clean install again, but
it no longer seem like a good idea to have all space given to a single volume ?   Any  tip on this subject ?

//ARNE