rawhide install report: 20080714 - successful

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Jul 14 21:57:01 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 17:29 -0400, G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:
> 1)  The anaconda loader spends several minutes looking for installation
> media on /dev/sr0 and /dev/sr1 before picking up the repo= on the kernal
> boot line.

This is because we're not getting appropriate things when checking if
the tray is closed.  Peter was going back and forth on a kernel patch

> 2)  To successfully install kdepim requires unchecking gnome-themes to
> avoid the Oxygen theme which contains an icon conflict with kdepim.

That should definitely get filed as a bug

> 3)  I haven't found a way to disable network manager at install time (in
> order to enable the network old method :-)

Doesn't exist, not likely going to exist.  In fact, hopefully when
dcantrell gets back from vacation, the patch to switch anaconda to using
NetworkManager will land

Jeremy