compiz on ppc64 testing

Nikolay Vladimirov nikolay at vladimiroff.com
Thu Jul 17 16:47:17 UTC 2008

On (17/07/08 10:48), Will Woods wrote:

> Good work getting this to compile, but.. unless I'm mistaken, ppc64
> machines all have (mostly) ppc userspace. (It's kind of the opposite of
> x86_64 - most of the system is 32-bit, except some specific
> compatibility stuff that needs to be 64-bit.)

Had no idea. Just followed some bug report assigned to me. I imagined
it was like x86_64.
Also if the most of the userspace is ppc I guess that ppc64 compiz will
be slower since I doubt that it's optimized for ppc64 or something. I
don't know actually. Is there any gain in having ppc64 compiz? Or I
just messed up some working stuff.

--
NV