latest update breaks a MadWifi snapshot

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Jul 3 02:47:57 UTC 2008

I'm simply not sure where to report this.

Sam Leffler made a snapshot for MadWifi that supports the (in)famous
AR5007EG card.  The latest snapshot, from June, now supports 64 bit as
well.

Livna-testing even has an rpm for it (for Fedora 9, the rpm isn't built
against the Rawhide kernels).

Ubuntu's Intrepid also broke it, though someone submitted a patch for
that.
I'm wondering if, especially as the Rawhide kernels change so rapidly,
if this would merit a RedHat report, MadWifi report or perhaps an email
to Mr. Leffler as these later kernels in Ubuntu's alpha and Fedora's
rawhide both break it.

(The error is in compiling the driver.)

It works with every non-alpha distribution that I've tried and heard
about.

Thanks for any input.  I haven't seen any other mention of this error on
the MadWifi site, or even on google, so perhaps I'm the lucky first.

(It's a different error than the one found in the Ubuntu alpha.)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: Does it ever get easy?
Giles: You mean life?
Buffy: Yeah, does it ever get easy?
Giles: What do you want me to say?
Buffy: Lie to me.
Giles: Yes. It's terribly simple. The good guys are always s
talwart and true. The bad guys are easily distinguished by their
pointy horns or black hats, and we always defeat them and save
the day. No one ever dies... and everyone lives happily ever
after.
Buffy: Liar.