Fedora QA Meeting summary

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Wed Jul 23 17:15:54 UTC 2008

Hi folks,
Here are the highlights of this week's QA meeting.

- Testopia:
FLOSS license exception for extjs is in progress:
http://extjs.com/products/floss-exception.php
Until that's sorted out, we'll be using the wiki to track test results,
just like previous releases.

- F10Alpha:
Packages in Tuesday's Rawhide were tagged with 'f10-alpha' in Koji.

To request a bugfix / package update for Alpha:
1) file the bug in bugzilla,
2) get the bug on the F10Alpha list:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=446445&hide_resolved=1
(email fedora-test-list or ask in #fedora-qa for help with that)
3) make sure the package is built in koji, and
4) file a ticket with rel-eng to get it tagged with f10-alpha:
https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/newticket
(be sure to mention the full package name-version-release)

- Test Results matrix for F10Alpha:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/TestResults/Fedora10Install/Alpha
Jesse Keating is at OLS but he'll be composing some F10a candidate
images for us to test. We'll fill the results in on that wiki page.

- xulrunner discussion:
Most of the recent xulrunner dependency breakage (and crashiness) should
be fixed by the xulrunner package in F9 updates-testing and tomorrow's
rawhide push.

Make sure bugs filed about dependency problems with xulrunner updates
are closed as duplicates of bug 455949.

We need to audit all packages that require xulrunner / gecko-libs to
ensure proper Requires. caillon will look at this after next week.

If I forgot about anything, or there's any questions, let me know.

-w