cannot update to current rawhide 2008/07/27 solved, now other error(s)

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Tue Jul 29 13:50:52 UTC 2008

Antonio Olivares wrote:

> I am fully updated to rawhide.  Upon booting the new kernel, I logged on to KDE and opened a terminal to connect to internet, but I could not type anything :(  I logged out, and switched to GNOME and opened a terminal and the same thing happened :(  I then opened up an editor and then I concluded that the keyboard does not respond :(.  I did a dmesg and saw that there was a kernel panic and also wvdial could not connect with the same error I posted here last time.  Using an older 2.6.26rc kernel worked to fix that wvdial connection issue.
>
> I will attach dmesg here and hope that it helps me figure what is wrong.

It is time, I think, that you learned to find stuff out for yourself
rather than using the list as your first resort.

The "BUG" text in the kernel messages means there's a bug. Bugzilla is a
good place to note bugs, ideally after you've searched for it yourself.

"Oops:" mostly reflects a bug too. Maybe you could have find them in
Bugzilla yourself.

And please, prune irrelevant material in your replies, and from the text
(such as the kernel messages) you include in your email

If you need another opinion about asking for help, please use the links
below, in my sig. I don't necessarily agree with every point contained
in them, but the advice is generally sound.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait