Latest F-9 update

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Tue Jul 29 22:03:58 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 08:34:14PM +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 17:22:25 +0200 (CEST), Adam Pribyl wrote:
>
> > It happens from time to time to more people. The problem is, nobody found
> > why.
>
> Do the machines where this happens have anything in common?
> What arch? Multiple hard-disk drives?

i386 with a single drive in the case I have seen that myself.
So this would be, apparently, the simplest possible configuration.

> Installing a new kernel pkg runs grubby, which in turn reinstalls
> GRUB instead of simply modifying grub.conf.

Maybe it should not?  In a case of multiple disks when grubby
"scribbles" over a wrong disk then most likely everything is fine
because an old boot sector remains intact.

   Michal