mysql type_float.reject

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Sun Jun 1 20:04:04 UTC 2008

gjohnson5 <tonyjohn5 at yahoo.com> writes:
> I took your optimizations and added it to what I had and...

> [gjohnson at loser src]$ cat /etc/rpmrc
> optflags: x86_64 -pipe -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector
> --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Os -mtune=nocona -march=native -m64
> -mno-align-stringops -mno-push-args -maccumulate-outgoing-args -mieee-fp
> -minline-all-stringops -fno-math-errno -fpeephole2 -fno-tree-copyrename
> -fgcse-lm -ftree-loop-ivcanon -fgcse -fno-tree-dce -finline-functions
> -ftree-vectorize

Why in the world have you got all that cruft in /etc/rpmrc?  This is
just about *guaranteed* to break packages in various subtle ways,
like for instance this mysql problem you're having.  If a package
doesn't build itself with -fno-math-errno, there's probably a reason.

> Somehow this box thought there was a 64 bit copy of gnu-smalltalk AND
> somehow uninstalled this non-existent package.  My only guess is that I ran
> rpm --rebuilddb and a 32bit package magically became a 64bit package.

No doubt that -m64 in /etc/rpmrc had something to do with it.

			regards, tom lane