Rawhide, pulseaudio, Skype

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Wed Jun 11 12:58:40 UTC 2008

Antonio M wrote:
> When I start Skype I get:
>
> skype
> skype: pcm_pulse.c:274: pulse_write: Asserzione `pcm->last_size >=
> (size * pcm->frame_size)' fallita.
> Abortito
>

> What does it mean???is it a problem with pulseaudio???
I can't answer that but it does mean that an internal consistency check
{assertion} failed. Either the check is invalid, or the calculations /
statements leading to the comparison check are troubled.

If you run it in gdb debugger [ $ gdb skype, r enter] , you'll find what
additional debuginfo packages would be needed, and a command
debuginfo-install to do so. Then run it again gdb again: now the trace
will provide enough info for it to be useful to a programmer.

It's always useful to provide the versions of the packages in question,
and when they last worked... in your bugzilla entry.