GNOME panel system monitor

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Fri Jun 20 10:04:06 UTC 2008

In Rawhide:

  $ rpm -q gnome-panel
  gnome-panel-2.23.3-2.fc10.i386

The system monitor in the panel, I've configured it to display
harddisk I/O activity. I've changed the colours to use yellow for
"Write" activity (and red for "Read").

It doesn't work, and the colours are used incorrectly. The display
area in the panel stays black most of time, e.g. when downloading
packages with Yum. It should display a yellow graph when saving
files. Instead, when I load larger applications for the first time,
the disk read activity results in a big yellow graph instead of a red
one. It's as if Read/Write are reversed, but red=Read can be seen
in the graph almost never.

Does it work for anyone else?