mysql type_float.reject

gjohnson5 tonyjohn5 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 1 18:10:06 UTC 2008

I took your optimizations and added it to what I had and...
[gjohnson at loser src]$ cat /etc/rpmrc
optflags: x86_64 -pipe -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector
--param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Os -mtune=nocona -march=native -m64
-mno-align-stringops -mno-push-args -maccumulate-outgoing-args -mieee-fp
-minline-all-stringops -fno-math-errno -fpeephole2 -fno-tree-copyrename
-fgcse-lm -ftree-loop-ivcanon -fgcse -fno-tree-dce -finline-functions
-ftree-vectorize
[gjohnson at loser src]$

I didn't see any breaks listed here from reading the gcc doc:
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.3.0/gcc/Optimize-Options.html#Optimize-Options

Anyway I was still getting this issue so I decided to recompile the
kernel,glibc,gcc and all their dependencies again

Then I ran across something weird
[gjohnson at loser src]$ rpm -qa gnu-smalltalk
gnu-smalltalk-3.0.1-3.fc9.x86_64
[gjohnson at loser src]$ su -c 'yum remove gnu-smalltalk'
Password:
Loaded plugins: aliases, allowdowngrade, basearchonly, changelog,
downloadonly,
              : fastestmirror, fedorakmod, filter-data, kernel-module, keys,
              : list-data, merge-conf, priorities, protect-packages,
              : protectbase, refresh-packagekit, refresh-updatesd, security,
              : tmprepo, tsflags, upgrade-helper, verify, versionlock
Setting up Remove Process
 * fedora: mirror.hiwaay.net
 * updates: mirror.hiwaay.net
0 packages excluded due to repository protections
Reading version lock configuration
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package gnu-smalltalk.x86_64 0:3.0.1-3.fc9 set to be erased
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

 Package                 Arch       Version          Repository        Size
Removing:
 gnu-smalltalk           x86_64     3.0.1-3.fc9      installed          12 M

Transaction Summary
Install      0 Package(s)
Update       0 Package(s)
Remove       1 Package(s)

Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Finished Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
  Erasing        : gnu-smalltalk                                     [1/1]
Unable to look at what's on dbus

Removed: gnu-smalltalk.x86_64 0:3.0.1-3.fc9
Complete!
[gjohnson at loser src]$

Somehow this box thought there was a 64 bit copy of gnu-smalltalk AND
somehow uninstalled this non-existent package.  My only guess is that I ran
rpm --rebuilddb and a 32bit package magically became a 64bit package.  So
there are some things that need cleaning on this box so I'll work on that