a anaconda test problem

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Thu Jun 5 04:10:56 UTC 2008

zchen wrote:
>  I am building a latest CentOS5 and every newest stuff is ready. All are
> in directory "/linux/CentOS/5-respin/os/x86_64". My OS is CentOS5 too. I
> want to add some other pictures during installation process, so anaconda
> adjustment is needed.
> When I run command "anaconda --test
> --method=http://192.168.0.3/linux/CentOS/5-respin/os/x86_64", a error message followed:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/sbin/anaconda", line 702, in ?
> for i in os.listdir("/mnt/runtime/usr/sbin"):
> OSError: [Errno 2] There is no such file or directory:
> '/mnt/runtime/usr/sbin'
>
> I mkdir -p /mnt/runtime/usr/sbin,than it works.Followed the steps and configured to kickstart page, clicked "Next" button.There is a message said:

I think that that is the wrong solution, and that you need to explore
why the directory (or symlink) does not exist. It should have bene
created when you created the install image.

I can't give any concrete advice about what might have gone wrong, it's
a very long time since I tried building my own media, and much has
changed since then.

Since you are running on CentOS and building CentOS, I suggest you take
the question elsewhere.

Either a CentOS list (best) or maybe Anaconda.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait