Moving panel icons in rawhide kde?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Jun 8 21:12:08 UTC 2008

Mike <mike.cloaked <at> gmail.com> writes:
> In F9 there is the functionality to choose the position of icons in the panel
> for KDE 4.0.4.
>
> I just installed rawhide on a test machine, and it appears that in KDE4.0.8
> in rawhide there is no option to change the position of icons in the
> bottom panel - or is there some magic I don't know about?

This functionality is a distribution-specific patch (originally comes from
OpenSUSE, we applied it to the Fedora 9 KDE too) for KDE 4.0, which hasn't been
ported to 4.1 yet. This is one of the things we want to sort out before pushing
KDE 4.1 to Fedora 9. (Actually we were hoping this would get implemented
directly in upstream 4.1, but now it looks like we'll have to patch this
again.) Rawhide is Rawhide, minor breakage like this is sorta expected in
Rawhide.

        Kevin Kofler