Prep for F7 EOL Closure - proposed change to bug close text

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Tue Jun 10 17:57:32 UTC 2008

Jerry Amundson said the following on 06/10/2008 07:21 AM Pacific Time:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 8:08 AM, David Timms <dtimms at iinet.net.au> wrote:
>> John Poelstra wrote:
>>> If you have any proposed changes to the text please reply to the list by
>>> 2008-05-26 and then I'll transfer the final version to the wiki and file
>>> with Eng Ops.
>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>> === START ====
>>>
>>> Fedora 7 went to end-of-life status on June 13, 2008.  Fedora 7 will no
>>> longer maintained or receive updates. As a result we are closing this bug.
>>>
>>> If you can reproduce this bug against a currently maintained version of
>>> Fedora please feel free to reopen thus bug against that version.
>>>
>>> Thank you for reporting this bug and we are sorry it could not be fixed.
>>>
>>> === END ====
>
> " feel free to reopen thus bug " =>  feel free to reopen this bug

Thanks for your feedback. BTW we are planning to have this process run
on 2008-06-16.

Here is the updated text.

Fedora 7 changed to end-of-life (EOL) status on June 13, 2008.  Fedora 7
is no longer maintained, which means that it will not receive any
further security or bug fix updates.  As a result we are closing this bug.

If you can reproduce this bug against a currently maintained version of
Fedora please feel free to reopen this bug against that version.

Thank you for reporting this bug and we are sorry it could not be fixed.