Kickstart bug ?

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Mon Jun 23 10:59:40 UTC 2008

Robert M. Albrecht wrote:
> does Anaconda resolves dependecies ? I built a kickstart file, which
> installes a system with broken dependencies.
>
> I added Livna and vlc to the kickstart files. VLC is installed, but the
> required libs are missing.
>
> My fault oder Anacondas fault ?
Doing that sort of thing has been OK for me in the past, but I don't
think I ever '-'ed ones that are needed for example. I'm pretty sure
it's a normal yum install situation.

But perhaps the order matters eg like in yum shell, you can - packages,
then + other onces, and it brings the needed packages in. But if you do
it the opposite order +, then -, I think it can remove packages that you
just +'ed. Wonder if you have to list livna first ?