Still this weird Selinux and UDEV problem and more..

Johann B. Gudmundsson johannbg at hi.is
Wed Mar 5 21:04:10 UTC 2008

Andrew Farris wrote:
> Johann B. Gudmundsson wrote:
>> Still not getting past UDEV without selinux=0 o, even after
>> relabeling files
>> ( thou that should not matter since selinux is disabled )..
>> kernel-2.6.25-0.82.rc3.git2.fc9.i686
>> kernel-2.6.25-0.90.rc3.git5.fc9.i686
>
> Hmm, 0.82 works fine for me, haven't tried 0.90 yet, but 0.82 is doing
> fine with selinux enforcing (targeted).

Set /etc/selinux/config to disable, reboot and see if you experience the
same thing......
>> Cron in some weird state...
>>
>> By the way what's the purpose of 000-delay.cron??
>
>> root 4438 0.0 0.0 3908 488 ? SN 19:14 0:00 sleep 506
>
> It just sleeps a slightly delay based on your hostnames, so each
> machine doesn't try running its cronjobs precisely at the same time
> even if they are configured to do so (reduce major network
> congestion).  See /etc/sysconfig/crontab

awk -v progname=/etc/cron.daily/000-delay.cron progname {????? print
progname ":\n"????? progname="";???? }???? { print; }  was mostly
wandering about this..

Also autofs automount failed to shutdown.. when I rebooted.. ( I
actually did a hard reboot after waiting for it for sometime.. )

I've been totally free from these X troubles some are experience..

But then I did yum upgrade ( online ) from FC-7 to FC-8 to FC-9 so some
configuration might still be in place...

Best regards.
                  Johann B.