Migration F8 from older release

Luc MAIGNAN luc.maignan at winxpert.com
Mon Mar 10 18:08:36 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I've read at several places that upgrading Fedora 6 To F8 (even via
temporaly an F7) is not recommended and I have to make a fresh install.

But it not possible in my mind. For exemple (I know several admin have
the same problem), I have a mail server installed as a FC6. If I want to
make a fresh install, I have to stop the mail server during several
hours (install the OS, configure Postfix, spamassassin, .....) or days,
it is not possible for my campany.

So, what is the less bad solution to upgrade my server ?

Thanks for your advices.

BR