GDM works again, for me anyway. Is SELinux busted?

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 20:06:44 UTC 2008

Daniel J Walsh wrote:

> Jim Cornette wrote:
>> Short but welcome news, gdm now successfully loads for those where it
>> would restart after user screen displayed for a very brief period.
>>
>> SELinux - unique problem or universal problem.
>>
>> I tried to boot after applying the latest updates and ended up in a loop
>> with initd or something similar spewing out repeatedly on the screen.
>> This happened no matter which runlevel was tried, (1,3,5) Is SELinux
>> busted for others or just something unique to my system?
>>
>> Jim
> No upstart/rhgb busted the system, and SELinux had to add rules to allow
> the change.
>
> It is all about perspective.  :^)
>
> It should be fixed now.

It is interesting that I saw init spew happen once, but assumed it was a bad
mkinitrd during installation of that kernel (I had just done it).  I reinstalled
the kernel and rebooted and it did not happen again.  On the second reboot, the
machine autorelabeled, but I hadn't touched .autorelabel (so must have been a
policy install that didn't get active yet?).