multiple 'comiz' entries in ~/.gnome2/session ... ?!

Tom London selinux at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 13:57:44 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 1:00 AM, Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com> wrote:
> Andrew Farris wrote:
>  > I would guess that taking longer to start up could really be caused by
>  > starting compiz over and over, each replacing the last due to --replace.
>
>  Eh, correction.  Because there are multiple entries compiz is trying to start
>  over and over... because it does not have --replace in the entry it fails to
>  start (does not replace your current running compiz, the first one in the
>  session file).  Each entry causes compiz to start, fail, and quit.  You only
>  need one, but it should have --replace on the command line.

Thanks for the reply.

Prior to this, I've manually edited out the multiple entries for
compiz, but they returned (apparently on logouts).

I've now updated session (again) to one entry:

9,id=117f000001000120559716000000027100000
9,RestartStyleHint=2
9,CloneCommand=compiz --sm-client-id --replace glib gconf
9,RestartCommand=compiz --sm-client-id --replace glib gconf

adding the '--replace' as you suggest. (and deleting the 'default1' option).

In addition, I noticed this for a koji build of gnome-panel:

* Sat Mar 15 2008 Matthias Clasen  <mclasen at redhat.com> - 2.22.0-4
- Only save the session when the users wants it

Maybe I've been tripping across that one.....

tom
--
Tom London