Sound clicks during boot and gnome login

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 18:26:04 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 9:16 AM, Valent Turkovic
<valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I hear everytime I boot and pulseaudio loads and few times during boot
>  after it is loaded, and after GDM screen (when gnome starts to load)
>  that my speakers produce clicking sounds.
>
>  Do others also hear this bug?

Yes.  It's a bug in your sound card, when it turns on the sound.

If someone could get more detailed information from sound card
manufacturers on how they avoid this problem with their windows
drivers (if they do at all, many don't), then that would be a start to
fixing this problem.  Otherwise, it's a problem that has to do with
some of the basic electronics in the card, and not a bug in Fedora or
Pulseaudio.